I’m not really a regular blog reader. There are a few people I like to stalk read from time to time either because they are authors whose books I enjoy or… well, that’s probably about it (aside from a couple of friends who don’t really update their blogs). There are other people I follow on twitter who don’t blog that often and I’m not sure I’d even read their blogs if they did, but I enjoy the odd thoughts that come out of their heads.
Then there’s The Bloggess. I follow her religiously on twitter, her blog and Good Mom/Bad Mom on the Houston Chronicle. I can’t really describe her to you and still get you to read her. She’s something you have to experience first hand. All I can really say is that she makes me feel like the thoughts in my head are ok… Here are a few you should start out with:
- I bet 700 years in the future they don’t even know what a “fail whale” is
- “Thanks for the zombies, Jesus!“
- I’m fine. (Updated – No, I’m not.)
- Puerto Rico, part one: Things I learned in first class
- On Meeting Guy Kawasaki (he’s kind of a big thing for innerweb geeks):
If you’re offended by any of these… well, hi, I don’t think you know me…