er… Son… well, not really. I was born in Minnesota (stress on the SOTA), but was whisked away to the enchanted northern Dakota state at the age of 10. I spent the next 13 or so years there learning how to be a man. Well… ok. Let’s just leave it at that.
Lately, I’m finding myself reminiscent of the great plains so started reading blogs from current residents there. You’ll see a new section on my Links page dedicated – North Dakota.
A few things you probably didn’t know about North Dakota to entice you to start reading:
- While bees are fleeing North Dakota, it leads the country in honey production.
- The conductor for the Simpsons was born there.
- The external scenes of the city Fargo in the MOVIE Fargo was actually filmed in Grand Forks.
- It’s not all flat… the western side is pretty hilly with 5 or 6 more trees.
Famous North Dakotans:
- Songwriter Peggy Lee, big band leader Lawrence Welk, and pop singer Bobby Vee
- Josh Duhamel is an Emmy Award-winning actor known for his roles in All My Children and Las Vegas and Transformers
- TWO, yes, count them, TWO American Top Model winners: Nicole Linkletter and CariDee English were winning contestants of Cycles 5 and 7, respectively, of America’s Next Top Model.
- And let’s not forget Angie Dickinson and Louis L’Amour.